Que pasa, Mufasa?! What´s freaky, Rafiki?! Hahaha Hi guys! Wow what a week!! I am so happy to be here in the Mexico MTC. Things are going so great!
 Surprisingly I don´t miss too many things. I do miss music but not enough to drive me crazy. I don´t miss school because this basically IS school… but really. It is a school. Haha it was built as a school so we have classrooms, a cafeteria, a quad, dorms, a mini store, a library, the whole bit! I love it!
OKAY, the nitty gritty. First of all, our investigator Randy BECAME OUR NIGHT TEACHER. HOW IN THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO CONCENTRATE?!  Muy guapo.  He just got a haircut and he looked even cuter before if you can imagine. He´s super nice and he loves our district. The other day we were talking about using the an informal word and he was explaining who you can use it with. He said a list of things like your mom, best friend, you use it when you pray, and you can use it with mascots. ….. uhh Mascots?! Haha like the BYU cougar?! We were like whaa?! Hahaha he meant pets, but the Spanish word for pets is mimando or something so he just spoke the wrong language. Hahaha he turned SO RED. It was hilarious. AND then, we were learning how to use the word gusto, which means to please, but it translates to basically mean “I like…” So we were using examples and someone is our class was talking about playing with something. Like I like playing this game or with this toy. But for some reason he used “pollo” (chicken) So he said the sentence in Spanish and Hermano Klabacka translated in English and he said “it pleases her to play with the chickens.” OMG he turned SO red and was laughing so hard! We all were! It was just such a weird sentence and H. Klabacka couldn´t finish his teaching for like 5 minutes. We were so rowdy that night. Haha and the boys totes have a man crush on H. Klabacka (Who is “Randy” our first investigator). Like if he says something funny or even messes up on the white board, they CRACK up and like fall out of their chairs. Surusly. (seriously) it is hilariously annoying and slightly embarrassing. 18 year olds, remember? Haha
We had this substitute teacher because Hermana Arbon went to the ancient pyramids on her “p-day” (so jealous also, they are not allowed to buy us things. No true Mexican souvenirs for me . I guess it just means I´ll have to come back! ;)). But anyways, we had a new teacher for the day and he was telling us (in spanish) how much he hated mosquitos. Whenever he saw one, he would stop his lecture and saw “mosque..CORRER!!!” Which means “mosquito…RUN!” Hahaha so we say that all the time now because we always see mosquitos.
A little more on the city: there are lots of explosions that frequently happen.. Haha apparently they´re Mexican fireworks but their fireworks are when you wrap up gun powder in newspaper and chuck it. It literally sounds like there is a mine camp right outside the walls. And it happens like 4 times a day. Hermana Clark and I like to make up stories about what happens outside these walls. Also, there is a fiesta about every other night and it seems like the whole city is involved! We are kind of jealous that we cannot attend these fiestas, but it´s for the better. There are also lots of police chases! It´s so fun to hear! Because motorcycles are usually the ones speeding, so you can hear both sides of the chase! Like Eeeerrr, Eeerrr, Errr, (motorcycle) and weeee-ooo, wee-ooo woop woop (cop). One time it started right before I got in the shower and continued until I went to bed! Crazy latinos!
Speaking of Natives, we were living with 6 Latinas! I think I mentioned that in my last e-mail. Only one of them spoke broken English so we really had to work hard to understand them and ask questions. Sadly, they left for their missions yesterday. They were so fun! We had family night one time with them. And they were hilarious.
We are getting a new wave of missionaries today, and we are getting crowded! The number is supposed to exceed 800 by the end of the week! And get this- The Argentina MTC AND the Peru MTC and maxed out! They cannot accept any more people! So they´re sending about 40 people and reassigning them to the Mexico MTC! So we weren´t expecting that so we will be pretty tight the next few weeks. The Lord is hastening His work!
The president, president Pratt knows what he´s doing though. He gave the devotional yesterday and he talked about temples. He basically was in almost every single ground breaking ceremony for every temple in South America. He helped purchase land and worked right alongside the prophets! He´s caucasion but he has lived in south America more than north America and has been a mission president, temple president, MTC president and was in the quorum of the 70! He is pretty old fashioned and you can tell he and his wife can´t stand the immaturity of the 18 year olds, but we´re all learning and new at this.
Okay so a few things about my comp- still slow. Also, she never initiates anything so I feel like a babysitter. Even when our teacher is like work on this with your companion, she just stares at me and makes me do everything. It is really reeeaaallllyyy frustrating. Other than that, I LOVE HER. We have such a great time together and we laugh A TON! And she puts up with forgetting stuff at the house without complaint . We really do get along and try to share the burden of missionary things.
Okay so my week/ schedule! This is how it goes in the CCM.
6:30 get up, get ready
7:00 Breakfast
7:30 personal study (scriptures)
8:30 Coaching- where our teacher coaches us in Spanish and the gospel
10:30 Progressing Investigator which is our teacher, Hermana Arbon. If we are not teaching, we do our language homework and create our lesson plan for when we teach next.
11:00 is Book of Mormon. We go outside and read the Book of Mormon as a district in Spanish, followed by English. This is crucial for pronunciation and understanding church language in Spanish- words we won´t find in our dictionaries.
11:30 additional study time. Which we DO NOT do. Haha it is right before lunch so we are rowdy and anxious to leave the room we have been in for 4 hours. So we tell stories from home.
12:00 LUNCH!!!!
1:00 Language study, This is where we memorize our purpose, scriptures, Jose Smith´s first vision, the baptismal commitment question, and many other things. I bought flash cards so H. Clark and I quiz each other. We also work on our homework and review lessons.
2:00 GYM TIME!!!! For the first couple of day I worked out, but now we play sports and stuff. THEY HAVE SAND VOLLEYBALL! I like to imagine I am on the beach ;) I think I´ve lost weight. Even though I eat a TON. Sadly I know I will gain all the weight back in the field.
3:00 Shower time!!
3:30 TALL- Technology assisted language learning. Basically an un-fun Spanish language learning program. SO BORING. We mostly just talk about how much we hate it. It´s actually not that bad. It´s just tedious and time consuming and we´re all drained for being out in the sun and running.
4:30 Additional study time (it seems like we study a lot but we mostly just talk. 18 year olds talking about their good ol high school days. It´s fun to hear their stories though. If it gets too out of hand, H. Clark and I step outside and study.)
5:30 Daily Planning. H. Clark and I talk about what we´re studying, teaching and learning for the next day.
6:00 DINNER!!!!!!!!
6:30 Language class with Hermano Klabacka, who was out first investigator, Randy. He also becomes our night investigator Lucas. Yeah, one person. Three names. Whoever he is, he is still CUTE.
7:30 Progressing Investigator- Lucas, who just taught us (Hermano klabacka). Who was Randy. Comprende? Lol
8:30 is more Coaching by H. klabacka
9:30 is getting ready for bed
10:15 Companion prayer
10:30 Lights out!
Whew what a day! On Tuesdays our schedule changes because we don´t have TALL- we have a service project instead! BUT here´s the catch. The CCM is still pretty small so they make up things for us to do. Both Tuesdays we have cleaned the chairs and tables in the kitchen. I´m pretty sure they have people hired to do that. Haha but it´s fun and I LOVE SERVICE no matter how silly it is. The focus is off of myself and I love helping out! We also don´t have class on Tuesday night- we have devotional and talking about our devotional afterwards. Wednesday is p-day and Sundays we basically study for 5 HOURS in the day. Plus MOVIE NIGHT! SO AWESOME! This time we watched the story of Joseph Smith. SO GOOD. My favorite scene is when he says goodbye to everyone before going to Carthage- SHEESH just typing about it and I have the chills! And my next favorite scene is when the mob is breaking down the door in the jail and in slow motion he glances ant his hero, his brother h\Hyrum. AH I LOVE THAT MOVIE. Even some of the boys were crying. Haha it´s SO funny when we watch Elder Holland´s devotionals from the Provo MTC, when he bears his testimony and is crying, all you hear is sniffles from the girls AND the guys! I love that man.
This week in class we watched “a priesthood duty- Mormon messages for youth,” and lifting Burdens, a Mormon Message. Get out the kleenex and press replay ;)
Okay I saved the sob stories for last! So on Wednesday, H. Clark got a cold. So last p-day we took it chill. We live together so I was bound to get it too. I got it on Thursday and it was pretty bad. It turned into a sinus infection and I just felt crappy. It was super hard to focus in class because I didn´t feel good, not to mention embarrassing to blow my boogers out in front of my whole district. But nonetheless, it happened. I got a wicked cough so I went to the on campus doctor. He said it was just a cold (I went in because I was worried about my chest because it was rattling and the whole asthma thing doesn´t help) so the doctor said I was fine, I just need to rest and take it easy with no physical activity. I lost my voice too! But I got some cough drops and all was well. WAS.
So on Friday Hermana Clark was puking! Poor thing! She was convinced it was something she ate because when she got home from college, surprise! Her family went vegan. So she hasn’t had meat in a few months. And the Mexicans LOVE meat. Seriously. They serve corn dogs for breakfast sometimes! Haha! So anyways, it was just at night and she felt fine in the morning and got a blessing.
 So Elder Andersen said that if I ever get sick, I BETTER wake him up and ask for a blessing. He´s like our mom. He seriously looks out for us SO well. And he lives 3 houses down. So I woke sister Clark up and we marched on down, tapped on his window and got a blessing at 2:30 am! His companion Elder Smith gave the blessing and it was so awesome! I´m so grateful to have these worth, valiant young Elders who are worth to bless me, even at 2:30 am! It was fast Sunday so that was hard. I still fasted because I really wanted blessings. Hahahaha I did eat half a granola bar in the morning and I made it through church! And we broke our fast at lunch and I was able to keep the food down. It was just a small bug. My cold is still lingering but it doesn´t prevent me from doing anything. Okay sob story over. I am totally fine, and it was a cool experience.
Yesterday there was a HUGE rain storm!!! We were walking to devotional and we all got SOAKED even with umbrellas and jackets. My shoes are still wet! The streets were FLOODED but it was so much fun! It even HAILED. I guess it was a prep for jersey!
Also, while we were doing service yesterday, there was a HUGE scary alarm that went off campus wide. It was an earthquake alarm! We have these green circles with arrows which are safe zones where we are supposed to meet when we hear that. So we did and I was FREAKED OUT! But it was just a drill. It put some excitement in our day. 
I LOVE YOU! You se que mi padre celestial es amoroso.. muy amoroso y paciente con me y todo. yo se que jose smith es une profeta de Dios y el fue necessito por la Iglesia. I love you all! 
CON AMOUR,
Hermana Sierra Schaefer <3