Monday, July 22, 2013

Almost There

ONE. MORE. DAY.

I don't know how to describe how I'm feeling. Because I don't know myself! The one thing I do know is that I'm ready. I am so ready for a mission. I want to serve. I want to be a missionary, although I haven't grown a foot or two since primary. No one said that was a rule though... I have one more day in the real world. In the United States. I am fully prepared and I know the Lord is literally taking me by the hand and guiding me. He always has. On my mission I will feel closer to him- closer than I ever have before in my small 20 years. I already know this, because I felt it the second I was set apart. Like receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost on your baptism day. You just feel differently. It's a good different. It's a great different. I'm not scared, because I am on the Lord's side. I am protected with the armor of God, and as long as I am obedient and trust in the Lord, I will be in his arms. I am forever in his debt. He has given me so much and a year and a half seems so incomparable. I want others to feel like I am feeling; to share this simplistic joy I have felt since I was 8. There is nothing quite like it. To know I am a daughter of God, that I have someone who loves me so much that he died for me. ME. The incomplete, natural-man, me. With him I am whole. With him I am complete. He wants me back, and I will do everything in my power to get there. With his help, I can do it. And my mission is just the beginning.

OKAY. Sorry that was aaalllll over the place. Half of me doesn't even know what I just typed. But now maybe you can since how I am feeling. My mind has been like this for the past two weeks. I better get my act together. Because if I can't think right in English, how in the heck am I going to learn espangol?!

I am almost there. I feel like belting this song for all the nations to hear. It's so spot on.





VIVA LA MEXICO! 




2 comments:

  1. I am joyful for your joy. Congratulations, Hermana Schaefer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro Mercado said " a mission is better than a pizza from pizza villa". We love you Sis. Schaefer.

    ReplyDelete